Monday, June 28, 2010

We're Going on a Berry Hunt!

In mid-to-late June, we love to head out to White Heath to enjoy Pontious Farm. They have an amazing blueberry patch, among other treasures. We've taken the kids for the past 4 years or so, but this year marked the beginning of true family blueberry picking. As Norah put it, "I'm focusing on blue."

I've admitted it before so it's nothing new...the kiddos don't like to eat their fruits and vegetables, much to our sadness. However, Miss Norah dove right into her kettle and tried a blueberry. After eating it, she said that it tasted like a "raisin." A fact that I don't really agree with but 'whatever works,' right? I'm just glad that she tried one. Kai has also been eating them one at a time out of the fridge.

Norah -- focusing on blue...
Kai filled up his bucket at least twice.
The llamas, horses, goat, dogs and goose were very popular with the kids.

No trip is complete without some swinging, which Norah would do 24/7 if it were up to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment