Monday, February 15, 2010

My Funny [Little and Big] Valentine(s)

Our Valentine's Day weekend was filled with surprises, good friends, good food and family. Kit pulled off a pre-birthday surprise party for me. I had no idea. None. I was shocked when our friends, Chris and Randy, walked in and the doorbell kept on ringing. It was a blast.

Kit even made some vegan chocolate fondue along with yummy almond pound cake and fruit; I had just been talking to him about how much I missed fondue since giving up dairy and meat -- thanks for listening, baby! Let me just say -- the crystallized ginger dipped into the chocolate took my breath away.

On Saturday morning we had a fantastic time a celebrating our friends' son's 1st birthday. Kai and Kit ran some manly errands after the party while Norah and I spent some time cuddling and reading on the couch together. As an aside, they picked up some beautiful roses and vegan chocolates from our local chocolate shop Ruben's for a Valentine's Day surprise. Amazing. I was so happy that Kit had noticed on the back of their price slips a listing of their vegan chocolates. The whole family enjoyed them.

My niece had her peace, cake and love themed birthday party on Sunday, which required costumes -- of course! My mom pulled out a scarf of her's from the 60s, I had on a sweater from high school/early college, the kids wore their tie-dyed shirts with freshly painted peace signs on them while Kit went in for something just a big more -- a peace sign shaved into his goatee.

All in all...a fabulous Valentine's Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment