Tuesday, May 25, 2010

All Work and No Play...Okay, So It Was ALL Play...

Confession 1: Norah is addicted to swinging. She likes slides too, but nothing (and I repeat nothing) makes her day like a good swinging session. Somewhere. Anywhere. And, for a really long time.



Confession 2: Our compost is stinky. Very stinky. We can never quite get the right balance between green and brown matter. So, every once in while, Kit digs a big hole in the yard; he's REALLY good at digging holes. The kids play and enjoy the hole for a day or so. Then, Kit dumps the stinky compost in it, and we cover it back up. This time, Kai and Norah expanded the hole a bit. They even used the big shovels.

I can't wait to read the book Holes by Louis Sacher with them someday. I wonder what they will think about the digging of those holes.

1 comment:

  1. We had the same issue with our compost until we moved here and finally had a decent amount of yard waste to balance out all of our food scraps. We get a fair amount of grass clippings, but I think the big difference is all of the leaves that we get and save in the fall. We have an entire bin just for leaves and get enough in the fall to add them all year long to our food scrap pile. I think that the yard waste is the key.

    ReplyDelete