Sunday, January 3, 2010

Home [Made] for the Holidays II

Late in November, I wrote about making some of our holiday gifts this year. We had a blast -- at times, it was a bit stressful and harried, but all in all we had fun! It felt good to create with the help of Amanda Blake Soule's wonderful book "Handmade Home."

Kai and I made bookmarks for Nana, Pappy, Gaga, Daddy and me!



The Condill cousins worked with me to create a baby play mat for baby Coe who was born on December 12th.



Kai helped me dye play silks with Kool-Aid! Thanks, Kate for posting a link to the directions on your blog! The silks were a hit with my kids and their cousins! Yea!

 




And, last but certainly not least...Kai's red and green Wallaby sweater! Looking at it, I can hardly believe that I knitted it. As crazy as it sounds, I'm making him another one in the next size up. I kept measuring him as I was making the sweater. I even added length to it and the sleeves. Guess what? He grew! He now needs the next size up. Crazy growth spurts!


Kai and Norah both modeling the sweater!

Shhhh...Kit is still working on his present to the kids -- a play house for the yard!




No comments:

Post a Comment