
Today was a great day! An exhausting day, but still a great day. I'm bone tired so my sleep should be amazing tonight! I cannot wait to crawl into bed in the next few minutes...
But first ---
We started early this morning baking bread. While the dough was doing its thing, we hosted a group of moms and their kids over to share how we each bake bread at our houses. Thanks to my friend, Charla, I learned about a book called Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day by Jeff Hertzberg and Zoe Francois. Seriously, check it out. The bread is amazing, easy to make and you feel like a real baker when it turns out so well...there is nothing like warm bread to snack on any time of the day! Kit and I are still amazed that we can bake this stuff in our own kitchen.
My favorite moment this morning came when all the moms were in the kitchen eating bread and talking while four of the little boys sat at our dining room table, awash with sunlight, eating bread and butter together. There is nothing more satisfying than watching people enjoy something that you have made, especially kids.
Now...it is almost time for bed and Kit is in the kitchen snacking on the bread that we made tonight for tomorrow's toast. The house smells like bread. Yum! We have truly come full-circle today.
No comments:
Post a Comment