Sunday, August 1, 2010

One of my favorite things...

My entire life I have loved the coolness of a mountain stream. It is heaven to a weary hiker or traveler's feet. It can alter your mood the instant your toes slide into the water. Ahhh...

On our return trip home, we were in desperate need of some mood-altering experience. NOW! The kids were loud. Crabby. Irritated with us and one another. All at once!

Up ahead...Sugar Creek...Waterville, NC! Hip-Hip-Hooray!!!

Doesn't it just make you want to walk right in...?
Kai we had to watch, he was leaping and skipping and jumping off of the slippery rocks like a goat...if goats carried walking sticks and whistled merrily, that is!
Norah found her perfect walking stick too! I loved all the water-made-smooth rocks in various hues. Norah just loved grabbing them from me and throwing them into the creek. Silly girl!
Wouldn't a wood fairy love to live here? I bet one does...it's too perfect for one not to!

No comments:

Post a Comment