Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My Crazy Hair Finds Another

I've always had hair like nobody's business -- it's thick, curly and red. Finally, I've found my soul mate in book format! While my hair has never helped me to brush my teeth, fly, get cookies out of a cookie jar or turn into a dragon like Zoe's hair does, this book made me wish it could do some more original tricks than just drive me crazy on humid days or break free from rubber bands (I need to use 3 at a time) or barrettes!

The librarian in me has to tell you that the text and pictures in this book are a treat for the senses. The story dances off your tongue when you read it aloud to your little one. Yea for Laurie Halse Anderson and Ard Hoyt! Laurie Halse Anderson also wrote one of my must read young adult books -- Speak. Run to your nearest library and check both titles out...asap!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent! I will definitely have to check this out, as it combines 1 of my fav. authors and a little bit of Emily!

    ReplyDelete